Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day? Your mom was right, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Skipping this crucial meal can deprive you of nutrients and energy needed to kick start a day. Ever thought what ‘breakfast’ means? Your body responds to not eating for a few hours by slowing down your metabolism rate. So by eating your breakfast, you are actually jump-starting your metabolism. Not only that, here’s a list of why you should never skip your breakfast ever again:
1. Studies have shown that people who eat breakfast have a higher chance of losing weight, and keeping them off the weighing scale! When you skip breakfast, you’ll be hungry during lunchtime and you tend to consume more.
2. Eating breakfast can help you to focus better during work or in school. The morning meal helps to wake you up and if you’re hungry, it’s hard to keep your head on other things apart from, well, food.
3. A study carried out by Harvard School of Public Health has also shown that people who skip breakfast are at a greater risk for having a heart attack. When you skip breakfast, you also help to increase the risk of high cholesterol, obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes which are all heart disease factors.
4. When you feel like you’re ready to take on another day but hallway through that you started losing the energy, it’s most probably because you skipped breakfast this morning. Breakfast helps to provide energy to fuel the morning activities and last until lunchtime.
5. If you’re a parent, you should know how hard it is to get your kids to eat breakfast. Besides all the ‘breakfast is good for your health’ issues, you should set the right example and eat breakfast, to get your children to eat theirs as well.
6. The people who skip breakfast tend to be grouchy, studies have shown that people who eat breakfast are most likely to be in better moods. Breakfast gets you started off on the right track.
7. Breakfast also gives you the chance to eat the foods you may not eat during other meals. If you’re on a strict diet, breakfast gives room for a plate of pancakes or bacon with sunny side ups. Who says you only have to eat grains for breakfast?